In the quintessential Provençal village of Aix-en-Provence, you'll stay in your own apartment right on the famous tree-lined Cours Mirabeau. This terrace apartment located in a brand-new complex boasts a delightful patio with small garden enclosure and outdoor table, a private entrance, full-time gardien on the premises and digicode entry. The two-bedroom apartment sleeps four, is located in the heart of town and is remarkably quiet. Fully air-conditioned, well equipped with all modern conveniences (microwave, washing machine, dishwasher, TV/VCR/stereo, hair dryer, iron, DSL connection, etc) complete with Provençal colors and bed linens, its location is perfect to walk to all the boutiques and restaurants, discover the old town, and shop at the open-air markets. A designated space in the garage facilitates the rental of a car so you can visit the rest of Provence and its marvelous countryside.
Bienvenue chez moi
• An elegant recently constructed building on the beautiful tree-lined Cours Mirabeau is the location of this beautiful 750 sq ft patio apartment on the ground floor
• With your own private patio in the front, this is a quiet, lovely, spacious, well appointed apartment in a privileged location in the heart of town
• Master bedroom has full-size bed, closet space, large window/door which gives onto the patio and several drawers for storing your personal belongings
• Guest bedroom has trundle bed (two twins) which can be converted to a queen-sized bed
• Living room with comfortable furniture for hanging out and relaxing after your day at the market or in the countryside; includes TV with cable, DVD, VCR; stereo, CDs, tape player
• Study table in the living room with DSL line hookup & wireless access; a printer and a fax machine are available if you need them
• Bathroom with tub and shower is separate from WC—ooh la la, so French, so civilized
• Iron & ironing board, hair dryer & curling iron available
• The fully equipped kitchen (stove, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, granite counter) is stocked with state-of-the-art kitchen tools, cookware, measuring cups, cookbooks, dinnerware for 8, table linens.
• The building is protected with an outside digicode, an interphone, and a full-time gardien on the premises.
We make everything easy for you; after all, you are here in Provence to relax and enjoy yourselves and discover the city. We supply cleaning products and fresh sponges, your initial bar of hand made French soaps, a sewing kit, a first aid kit, fresh spices in the kitchen cabinet, various food staples and a nice bottle of wine upon your arrival. Your freshly laundered bed linens smell clean and pressed; an ample supply of towels awaits you in the bathroom. If you’d like the services of a private guide as you explore the city and the countryside, we’ll be happy to give you the names of some of the best. Interested in antiques? We have just the person to help guide you to the shops and do the translating for you if you need that. Thinking about taking a painting course? We know the best instructor in town. If you decide to rent a car for a weekend getaway, a dedicated space in the building’s garage is available at no extra charge.
Dine inside or out
Découvrez la Provence!
Provence is the romance of lavender, the excitement of the quaint villages, and the unforgettable blue of the Mediterranean. Aix-en-Provence is wonderfully located between the Mediterranean and the Alps of Haute-Provence. 20 minutes from the port of Marseille and the breathtaking calanques (limestone cliffs), an hour from the famous city of Avignon with its magnificent Pope’s Palace, 40 minutes from Van Gogh’s favorite respite in St-Rémy-de-Provence, an hour from the romantic Baux de Provence and the Roman amphitheatre of Arles, Aix is at the heart of your travels in Provence. The city itself boasts a well-renowned university, a famous
cathedral with a beautifully preserved cloister, several museums including the recently renovated Musée Granet two blocks from the apartment, and the atelier of Paul Cézanne.
The Cours Mirabeau, the main axis of the town and its focal point, is filled with shops, boutiques, and commerce of all sorts, particularly cafés and restaurants. The Aixois like nothing better in the afternoons than to “flâner” (stroll) up and down the Cours, have a drink at a café and chat with their friends. The nearby rue d’Italie is filled with shops and boutiques of all kinds. The Monoprix supermarket is around the corner and you can bring the rolling cart with you to put your groceries in like everyone else in the neighborhood. You can walk to the marchés every day in Aix, as there is at least one a day and on some days two; there is no shortage of marvelous Provençal vegetables, flowers, and speciality products. Aix is famous for its music and lyric arts festival in June-July every year, and in August in nearby La Roque d’Antéron hosts the renowned piano festival. During the year one can take any number of French classes for foreigners, many located within a short walk of the apartment.
Your own private patio
It’s easy to get here!
• Fly into the Marseille Airport (“Marignane”). From there, you can:
- Rent a car and drive into Aix, approximately 20 minutes
- Take a shuttle bus from the airport; they run regularly into town
- Take a taxi to Aix
• If you fly into the Nice airport, you could rent a car and drive the 90 minutes into Aix.
• Drive down from Paris; approximately a 6-hr drive
• Fly into Paris and take the TGV (high speed train) directly from the Charles de Gaulle Airport; 3 hrs to Aix. The Aix-TGV station is outside the town about 15 mintues away; you could then rent a car at the station and drive into town, take the shuttle bus, or take a taxi.